This section of the Clearinghouse is dedicated to the Auto Industry.
For information on the state of green chemistry in Auto, this section contains auto-specific:
- Case Studies
- Events Calendar
- News & Announcements
- Forum posts
- RSS Feeds
- Photo galleries
SAE Green Engineering & Technology Transfer Workshop – How Can A Green Center Help The Automotive Industry Succeed? Feasibility Study for Establishing a Center for Green Innovation & Technology Transfer for the Automotive Industry in Michigan (March 3, 2010; SAE Automotive Headquarters, Troy, MI)
- Workshop description, technical program, speaker biographies, copies of presentations, resource materials, a survey report and final program report can be found here.
- Videos of speaker presentations can be found by searching for “green center” here.
SAE 2011 World Congress & Exhibition: Technical Session – Green Chemistry for Automotive Applications (April 14, 2011; Cobo Center, Detroit, Michigan USA)
- Program can be found here.
SAE 2011 Workshop to Characterize Biobased Materials in Vehicles for the USDA BioPreferredSM Program (organized by the Vehicles Materials Task force of the SAE Green Technology Systems Group; April 15, 2011; Cobo Center, Detroit, Michigan USA)
15th Annual Green Chemistry and Engineering Conference & 5th International Conference on Green and Sustainable Chemistry (21-23 June 2011; Capitol Hilton, Washington DC)
Auto Industry Session:
- “Green Chemistry and Engineering in the Automotive Industry” by Richard E Kleine EdD (2011 SAE International President)
- “Fostering Green Chemistry in the Auto Industry: A Michigan Perspective” by Clinton S Boyd PhD (Sustainable Research Group LLC) and Carol J Henry PhD, D.A.B.T (George Washington University) (Presentation PDF)
- “InfiChem Recycled Polyol for Use in Automotive Seating Foam via Close Loop Recycling” by Gerald Winslow and John Reynolds (InfiChem Polymers LLC)
- “Implementation of an automated process for chemical safety assessment within the automotive industry” by Patricia J. Beattie PhD (Arcalis Scientific LLC), Joseph P. Rinkevich, and Thomas G. Osimitz PhD (Science Strategies LLC)
- “Use of bio-based polymers and composites to reduce GHG and toxic chemical emissions in the automotive sector” by Craig A. Crawford (Ontario BioAuto Council)
- “Selection, Validation, Processing, and Use of Green Materials in theManufacturing of Automotive Parts: An Industry Perspective on the GreenRevolution” by Hamdy Khalil PhD and Romeo Stanciu (The WoodbridgeGroup)
- “Biofuels and the auto industry: Modern trends in biofuels and biofuel-related inventions” by Sandra Thompson PhD
2011 Michigan Green Chemistry and Engineering Conference (GreenUp 2011) – Advancing Innovation for a Sustainable Future (October 27, 2011; University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan)
Below is a list of presentations relevant to the auto industry. For full conference details click here.
- "Engineered Materials Made by Combining Recycled and Bio-Renewable Resources" by Reuben Tandoh, Recycled Polymeric Materials, Inc. & Dr. Rajan Eadara, Diversified Chemical Technologies, Inc. (Presentation PDF) (Video Interview)
Session: Green Innovation Driving the Auto Industry
- "Enhancing Green Innovation and Sustainable Practices in the Automotive Sector" by Carol Henry, Society of Automotive Engineers (Presentation PDF)
- "How to Enable Green Projects and Make them Part of Culture" by John Bradburn & David Randall, Sr., General Motors (Presentation PDF)
Closing Panel: Advancing Innovation for a Sustainable Future